Is your Bedroom helping you or failing you?By Nirdesh, Ravi Agarwal on Apr 29th, 2019
Just like a smiling face and a good conversation can make your day, following simple Vaastu steps can go a long way in improving health, productivity and relationships. “Vastu Shastra is the Indian cosmic science of architecture and it helps create a harmonious environment to set up one’s life for wealth, happiness and harmony. It’s all about creating a rhythm and balance to ensure better life,” reveals Mumbai-based Nitin Parmar, a Vastu consultant and author of books on the subject.
The bedroom is the most important part in your house. Privacy, relaxation and quality of sleep have a direct link with productivity. Morning activities begin in the bedroom so the more organized the better! Needless to mention, how a relationship is inside the bedroom also determines how it will be outside it.
- Rectangular and square are preferred shapes while South-West is the best corner of the home for the master bedroom. For children, the west direction is the best.
- The bed should be placed in a way that your head is towards south or west and the legs towards north or east.
- West or Northwest are suitable directions for an attached bathroom, changing room or bathtub.
- East, North or West walls are best spots for entrance door of the master bedroom. Avoid entrance on the South wall.
- The bathroom should not face the bed directly and the door of the bathroom must always be kept closed.
- The best place to keep heavy wardrobes, shelves or almirah is the South-West corner of the master bedroom.
- East or North walls are good for windows in the bedroom.
- You can place the dressing table with or without a mirror in the North or East wall.
- Hang a beautiful and pleasant painting or any portrait on the wall so that it is easily seen as someone enters the bedroom. Couple photographs can also be a great substitute. However, avoid hanging photographs of deceased ancestors in the bedroom.
- Plants, fish aquariums or any other life forms are a strict “NO” in the bedroom. They should be limited to sitting areas only.
- North-East, the Ishaan corner and the center of the home, the Brahma sthal should be avoided for bedrooms. The former is an ideal place for the temple while the center should be vacant. See why courtyard houses were a common practice in earlier times?
- Colour scheme of a bedroom in the south-west can be earthy shades like browns and almond. Neutral or shades of pink and rose can work equally well, depending on your palette.
- Remove dysfunctional watches, clocks, gadgets or damaged items from the room to maintain the flow of energy.
- Aroma oils can be a good addition. Mopping the floor with sea salt once a week can also remove negative energy.
- Secret tip- Keeping a bowl of coins in the south-west direction can banish financial problems.